Is that Miss or Ms? Oldest "Ms." might not have feminist origins after all

Dennis Baron debaron at ILLINOIS.EDU
Wed Jun 24 15:35:33 UTC 2009

yet, titles have many uses, not all of which I can catalog on WOL (the
post is already too long) -- I left out "master" entirely; though rare
now, it once played a bigger role in the m/f  age-graded title paradigm.
____________________
Dennis Baron
Professor of English and Linguistics
Department of English