Jenny Agutter (was went walkabout ) (UNCLASSIFIED)

Thu Jun 25 14:34:38 UTC 2009

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

---------------
> --------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Subject:      Re: went walkabout (UNCLASSIFIED)

> --------
>
> My God! Has so much time passed? Back in the 'Seventies, Walkabout was
> possibly the biggest Australian movie ever released in the U.S. It
> made the director's career, though, as fate would have it, the careers
> of the stars went nowhere in particular. The last that I've heard of
> Jenny Agutter that I can remember was a small book of her photographic
> work that I came across in Widener. I don't remember the year. It was
> probably some time in the 'Eighties.

Agutter continued to act, and I've always known who she was.  Logan's
Run, The Eagle has Landed, and American Werewolf in London were probably
her biggest film roles and she shows up in British TV from time to time
(my wife is a big Poirot fan on BBC Mystery, and she popped up there
once).