Jenny Agutter (was went walkabout ) (UNCLASSIFIED)

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Fri Jun 26 02:02:25 UTC 2009

G, I don't think that total command of the dialect is required. Of
course, I could very well be leaping to an unwarranted conclusion. You
never know. Or are you just messing with me?

It's funny that [-EntS] > [IntS] > [-ejntS].

BTW, the boojie insult that I was looking for was "_flat-talking_."
E.g.., BE-speakers who say [eintS] instead of [-intS] are "_talking
flat_"

-Wilson

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 9:20 PM, Cohen, Gerald Leonard<gcohen at mst.edu> wrote:
> Sender: Â  Â  Â  American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster: Â  Â  Â  "Cohen, Gerald Leonard" <gcohen at MST.EDU>
> Subject: Â  Â  Â Re: Jenny Agutter (was went walkabout ) (UNCLASSIFIED)
>
> On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 7:28 PM, Wilson Gray <hwgray at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Â <snip>
> Â That movie is - if y'all will pahdn ma Fraynch - a muthafukka!
>
> And how does this French term describe something favorable?
>
> Gerald Cohen

-Wilson
–––
-----