"terminally" = utterly; extraordinarily

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jun 29 23:18:20 UTC 2009

True enough, but lexicographers can't be quite that specific. If "I"  am
"terminally stupid," that could suggest a chance of fatality thereby.  But
if "X" is "terminally stupid," that stupidity does not seem to entail actual
danger.

Either way, this use of "terminally" is historically novel.

The secret HDAS files reveal "terminally cool" from 1987, but "I'm a
terminal slob" from 1974.

JL