French folk etymology: bleu-jaune

Victor aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 1 06:05:46 UTC 2009

If you go to the site I mentioned earlier and pick any of the products
on the left, it becomes completely obvious why the blue-yellow name is
appropriate. I don't think you'll need any printed linguistic evidence
after you see the actual rock. It really is blue and yellow, although
there are some variations. The piece in the museum could have been
culled from a single stratum.

    VS-)