If I don't like the weather now, where should I wait?

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Mon Mar 2 21:50:35 UTC 2009

Illinois  U.S. Representative Mark Steven Kirk, a Republican,
considering a run against Sen. Roland W. Burris but not knowing
exactly when the gun will sound, said "At this point, the political
landscape in Illinois is a lot like the Chicago weather. If you don't
like what you see, wait a bit."  [Quoted in the NYTimes, today.]

I thought that saying belonged to New England.

If Kirk runs, I'm going to move from Boston to Chicago just to vote
against someone who chose to say "political landscape" in this
context when he could more elegantly have said "political climate".

Joel