ADS-L Digest - 27 Feb 2009 to 28 Feb 2009 (#2009-60)

Jim Parish jparish at SIUE.EDU
Fri Mar 6 16:59:22 UTC 2009

Barbara Need wrote, of "Morning Has Broken":
> Yes, the hymn is in the Unitarian Hymnal (pre-1961) and may be in
> subsequent UU Hymnals. I have sung it often. Same tune.

Out of curiosity, how do you sing the line "God's recreation of the new
day"? I've always interpreted the second word as "re-creation", but
Stevens sings it as "rec-reation". (Of course, etymologically they're the
same word, but the current meanings are quite distinct.)

Jim Parish