racism of older linguists

Charles Doyle cdoyle at UGA.EDU
Sun Mar 8 02:50:02 UTC 2009

A probable point at issue (in Wilson's earlier communication) is a particular white stereotype of black folks:  That all back persons seem to know each other.

Of course, there may be some substance to the hypothesis that many black people maintain wider social networks of personal acquaintance than their white counterparts do--for reasons that could be speculated about.  Or perhaps there's a difference in the style with which individuals are likely to greet one another in public places.

--Charlie