Re: [ADS-L] has the use of "frankly" ever been discussed here?

Sun Mar 8 21:32:06 UTC 2009

I disagree. "Quite frankly" usually connotes something like, "I think what
I'm going to say is going to be perceived as insulting, but it is the truth and
I have to say it anyway because ... {I am getting angry/you need to hear this
from somebody/...}

In a message dated 3/8/09 2:02:29 PM, w_a_palmer at BELLSOUTH.NET writes:

> Put me down on your list.
>
> Only thing worse is "quite frankly...", which means, "whatever follows is a
> complete falsehood"
>

> Bill Palmer

Need a job? Find employment help in your area.