IPA converter

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 12 04:45:20 UTC 2009

Hopelessly unreliable.  I tried it on a number of words and phrases.
Some it doesn't convert at all, some it converts in almost a random
way, like orthographic <h> replaced by [Q].  It didn't recognized the
SIL IPA 93 font in my font library, even though that's the font it
asks for.  It couldn't transcribe "caught."  It comes up with
unexplained symbols like a double >.  It does, however, convert
"little" with a syllabic /l/.

HErb