levy X at

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Fri Mar 20 14:53:25 UTC 2009

There's a bunch for "levy criticism on" too (a couple dozen actual
hits), which evokes the pattern of "levy taxes on".  There are no
hits at all for "level barbs on", and the number of hits for "level
criticism on" is not significantly higher than that for "levy
criticism on", which suggests to me that the 'wrongly used for
_level_' vector may not be all that robust for the "on" variety, or
at least that the role of "levy taxes on" in a Cohenian syntactic
blend may be a factor.

LH