'Learn' As in Biblical 'Know'

Tue Mar 24 17:42:45 UTC 2009

"learn" in the sense 'teach' has long been common in colloquial speech.
------Original Message------
From: Doug Harris
Sender: ADS-L
To: ADS-L
ReplyTo: cats22 at stny.rr.com
Subject: [ADS-L] 'Learn' As in Biblical 'Know'
Sent: Mar 24, 2009 11:22 AM

I'm not a biblical scholar, but I seem to recall it using the term 'know'  or 'known'
relative to sexual intercourse. I recently saw what I imagined to be a twist on
that concept, in a poem written by a 23-yr-old about a love-gone-bad situation.
The line read 'Two years ago you learned me.' Earlier, she'd spoken of him
fucking her. So the inference in the 'learned' reference is clear.
--
I don't recall ever seeing that usage before. Is it more common that I imagine it
to be?

Prepared and sent with Chaos Software's Intellect mail client.
Intellect's contacts and appointments managers also are cool.