the three "n" s

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Wed Mar 25 02:42:14 UTC 2009

Tom,

It may be roomy, but it's hardly palatial, not even palatal.  The
closest we have to a palatal nasal in English is the nasal in
"injure," and there it's palato-alveolar, not palatal.  You speak a
very strange English is the nasal in "sing" starts out alveolar and
then becomes velar.  I have not heard that from any speaker of
English.  I think you're confusing letters and sounds here.

Herb