Reuters

Fri Mar 27 22:55:06 UTC 2009

The article does not mention "Fagg," and a Google search turns up over
500,000 hits, including a page for Fagg geneology and the Fagg family crest--and the
facebook for one of my former students. Apparently, the Faggs are prouder and
braver than the Bottoms (though I was told yesterday that two of my student's
relatives had changed their name from "Fagg" to "Bragg").

In a message dated 3/26/09 5:20:35 PM, aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM writes:

> A somewhat overstated piece on the evolution of surnames in the UK.
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSTRE52O5IN20090325
>
> Not a lot of research, but a couple of choice comments.
>
> Another Reuters piece on new terminology spawned by the recent economic
> news. Ben Zimmer and Grant Barrett are cited.
>
> http://www.reuters.com/article/lifestyleMolt/idUSTRE52P5IZ20090326
>
> Included is the predictable assortment, such as "recessionista" and
> "bleisure", but also some more oddball formations, such as "chiconomic",
> "TALF'd" and "furcation".
>

>     VS-)

Feeling the pinch at the grocery store?  Make dinner for $10 or