sumetary

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 30 15:32:50 UTC 2009

Tom,

That's probably a Northern Cities Vowel Shift speaker.  Among the
vowel shifts involved in that complex pattern of shifts is the vowel
of "bed" shifting back to the vowel of "bud."  You'll hear that pretty
commonly in the cities along the Great Lakes, from Syracuse and
Rochester over to Milwaukee.

Herb