contorted medicalese

Mark Mandel thnidu at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 4 18:49:06 UTC 2009

from my sister, a medical transcriptionist & editor:

This example of sentence construction is quite popular among the
residents (wet-behind-the-ears docs). At least the attendings, for the
most part, have some sense of how to get their thoughts across without
sounding quite so stupidly pompous with such complicated, confusing,
and inside out sentence structure:

> The patient at this time because of no safety issues and is able to maintain a reasonable environment does not need to be hospitalized at this moment.

I don't even try to recast these sentences anymore. They say 'em, they
can have 'em.

<<<
--
Mark Mandel