Heard on MSNBC

Kari Castor castor.kari at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 9 01:34:42 UTC 2009

I don't know about the relative newness, but it's quite a common usage among
the people I know.
the hiv (for this type of usage, HIV is typically pronounced phonetically,
not spelled out) - as in, "Don't touch Paris Hilton; you'll get the hiv."
the stupid - as in, "That guy has a bad case of the stupid."
the ugly - as in, "Lucky that kid didn't catch the ugly from his parents."