number format and semantic hairsplitting in China

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 10 06:24:59 UTC 2009

FWIW, I was never taught any rule whatsoever regarding the use of
_and_ in numerals in grade school - 1942-1950 - or in any other school
or at whatever level.

That anyone should have bothered to propose a rule regarding such a
triviality is laughable.

OTOH, we were taught to use "_least_ common denominator," even though
only our teachers were white, and not the dumbed-down "_lowest_ common
denominator."

-Wilson
–––
-----