1837 "nigger" -- a useful context?

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 10 07:58:30 UTC 2009

An excellent work, Joel. Thank for finding it and bringing it to my
attention! Twenty years in the Harvard College Library, informally
known as "Widener Library," and I never came came across it!
Unfortunately, what the author describes on page 40ff is still all too
common to this very day. As everyone no doubt knows by now, I could
tell you stories ...

-Wilson
–––
-----