Of minks and stoats

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at MST.EDU
Sun May 10 20:08:09 UTC 2009

   With regard to minks and their hypersexuality, I once came across an insult uttered in the House of Commons:
"The right honorable gentleman has the morals of a stoat."  (a stoat = ermine = type of weasel; and minks are closely related to weasels).  I sometimes wondered how the morals of a stoat would be much different from the morals of any other wild animal, but thanks to ads-l (All praise!), I now know.

   I can locate the exact reference if anyone is curious.  Also, btw, this was part of my checking into the origin of the song "Pop Goes The Weasel."

Gerald Cohen