The Colbert Report: "soda water"

Victor aardvark66 at GMAIL.COM
Fri May 15 04:22:44 UTC 2009

You probably don't want to say "flavorless", as "seltzer" comes in a
variety of flavors, from lemon to cranberry. Perhaps "unsweetened".

As to the question, I suspect the answer is no. One reason for this is
that when generic colas and the like show up as sale items in
supermarkets, seltzer is often not included and vice versa (I go through
a lot of canned and bottled seltzer, so I pay attention to such things).
I doubt that *I* know anyone in the Northeast (personally) who would
classify lightly flavored carbonated water as "pop" (or equivalent). On
the other hand, nothing surprises me in this department any more.

    VS-)