Heard on [adult swim]: "clique" > [klik]

Arnold Zwicky zwicky at STANFORD.EDU
Thu May 21 00:52:24 UTC 2009

the "among the young" is a piece of a quotation from me.  which merely
said that it was very widespread among the young in the U.S., *not
that* it occurred only there, or even mostly there, and is consistent
with the variant being very widespread in many other groups (as i
believe it is).

arnold, noting that i referred to bryan garner's "sniffiness"