IPA in spreadsheets (was: antedating "hobo" 1885)

David Bowie db.list at PMPKN.NET
Wed May 27 11:53:34 UTC 2009

From:    Tom Zurinskas <truespel at HOTMAIL.COM>

<snip>

> Has anyone used IPA in spreadsheets?

I used a modified IPA in my Excel spreadsheets beginning while i was in
grad school, in the mid-90s. I've been using actual real IPA in my Excel
and (less often) Calc spreadsheets since 2000 or 2001. I don't know when
i started using Unicode fonts to use IPA symbols in spreadsheets, but
it's been several years now. It's pretty transparent once you get used
to it, really.

--
David Bowie                               University of Central Florida