IPA in spreadsheets (was: antedating "hobo" 1885)

Elizabeth J. Pyatt ejp10 at PSU.EDU
Thu May 28 13:14:06 UTC 2009

A list of Unicode fonts with IPA characters in them are at
http://tlt.its.psu.edu/suggestions/international/bylanguage/ipa.html

The page also includes links to IPA utilities (keyboards/palettes)
and links to code charts.

FWIW - Windows Arial Unicode font has IPA and the Mac Lucida Grande
also has them. The Mac Office 2008 (for OS X 10.5/Leopard) also has
the Arial Unicode font, which is helpful when exchanging Office docs
between platforms.

Hope this information is helpful.

Elizabeth

--