IPA in spreadsheets (was: antedating "hobo" 1885)

Tom Zurinskas truespel at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri May 29 10:25:23 UTC 2009

Don't guess Kari.  Demonstrate to us.  Put truespel next to other notations and demonstrate which is more intuitive.  Use the free converter at truespel.com to write the truespel.  Meanwhile check IBM's Writing to Read method which tested thousands of k-1 kids in a huge study by ETS and CAL.  Kids learned phonetics first before tradspel and transitioned just fine.

You might try this short story that contains all the phonemes of USA English.  "That quick beige fox jumped into the air over each thin dog.  Look out I shout, for he's foiled you again, creating chaos.  Here me say it below.

http://www.qlipmedia.com/ShowQlippit.php?ID=b76766611faccb35021e7ead35fa325472379292da340f2117ef56ad25939283

see truespel.com

> Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 22:48:53 -0500
> From: castor.kari at GMAIL.COM
> Subject: Re: IPA in spreadsheets (was: antedating "hobo" 1885)
> To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

> Sender: American Dialect Society
> Poster: Kari Castor
> Subject: Re: IPA in spreadsheets (was: antedating "hobo" 1885)
>
> On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:25 PM, Nathan Sanders <
> Nathan.Sanders at williams.edu> wrote:
>
> Truespel may or may not be useful for helping children learn to read (I
>> suspect not, since it's
>> just a second system for them to learn on top of regular English
>> spelling)
>

> I also strongly suspect not, given how unintuitive some of the sample
> transcriptions are.

Hotmail® goes with you.