"Incredible Hulk" Quote

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Sun Nov 1 12:09:49 UTC 2009

I appreciate the indulgence of people on this list for my postings that sometimes veer away from linguistic content.  This one is particularly OT.

I apologize for my ignorance of Hulkana, but here goes:  On the "Incredible Hulk" television show, David Banner had a catchphrase: ""Don't make me angry ..."  Can anyone tell me whether this was this only used on the TV show, or did it originate in the comics?  If the latter, can anyone tell me which comics issue had the first appearance, and what was the full quote?

Fred Shapiro