FYI: linguistics in the news: case of the missing "t"

Thu Nov 5 14:17:58 UTC 2009

That a story on dialect was deemed newsworthy by the powers that be was the reason for my bringing this to the group's attention.

James D. SMITH               |If history teaches anything
South SLC, UT                |it is that we will be sued
jsmithjamessmith at yahoo.com   |whether we act quickly and
                                    decisively