American Jewish English

Geoff Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Fri Nov 6 11:19:11 UTC 2009

Something that may be of interest to many on this list--I was asked a few months ago to participate in an online survey of how American Jews speak English. It was rather interesting to think about the questions, and just yesterday I received notice that the preliminary results have been made available online. They had over 20,000 respondents and the results can be found here:

http://huc.edu/survey/09/

I checked with Sarah Benor, one of the researchers, and she thought it would be fine to send this to the list (she's also talking at ADS, but on a different topic).
As they say in what is reputed to be derived from Yiddish--Enjoy!

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Associate Professor, Linguistics Program
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)
+1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics)