"shmooze"

Geoffrey Nathan geoffnathan at WAYNE.EDU
Fri Nov 6 14:59:23 UTC 2009

My use of the word does not have any sense of 'idly', but rather one of social lubrication, with the occasional connotation of 'chat up' or 'attempt to influence'.

Geoffrey S. Nathan
Faculty Liaison, C&IT
and Associate Professor, Linguistics Program
+1 (313) 577-1259 (C&IT)
+1 (313) 577-8621 (English/Linguistics)