Limerick[s]

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Fri Nov 6 16:40:12 UTC 2009

Will do -- perhaps next week.

Are we only interested in the association of the word "Limerick" with
the rhyme form?  (So far I've found nothing to antedate the "secure"
1895.)  Or is my 1878 example of a Limerick useful, since at least
that poem antedates the earliest dates (I think) that Stephen noted,
the 1880 and 1881 US uses of  "Limerick Rhymes"?

Joel