Meaning of "used to would" double modal?

Herb Stahlke hfwstahlke at GMAIL.COM
Sat Nov 14 04:27:35 UTC 2009

I'm not a Southerner, in spite of living in Atlanta for six years.  No
one has sugested that "lies I used to would tell" could have a
volitional sense, as "would" itself could have in

You WOULD suggest that.

Herb