Hot news perfect question

Tue Nov 17 21:10:44 UTC 2009

Ah. As in "I done hit him with my car!"
------Original Message------
From: Benjamin Barrett
To: ronbutters at aol.com
Subject: Re: Hot news perfect question
Sent: Nov 17, 2009 2:50 PM

I should have mentioned that it can also be used to deliver an
exclamation about a recent event, hence "hot news perfect":

Wikipedia:
A similar construction is seen where exclamation is used in describing
a recent event:
    • "I'm after hitting him with the car!" Táim tar éis é a bhualadh
leis an gcarr!
    • "She's after losing five stone in five weeks!"

Benjamin Barrett
Seattle, WA