Majuscules and minuscules

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Nov 19 01:15:51 UTC 2009

At 11/18/2009 07:11 PM, Tony Au wrote:

>This doesn't cover all proper nouns, but in Chinese, a centered dot is used
>to distinguish between parts of a foreign transliterated name. For example,
>Barack Obama is 贝拉å
‹Â·å¥¥å·´é©¬ (I hope this shows up right!).

Unfortunately, not for me, with my primitive
Eudora email program.  Can you resend this with
the syllables (or is it Latin letters?) in Latin
script?  I assume the tone numbers could be
omitted, and I *can* see a centered dot properly
-- the 8-bit "Latin 1" code set seems to include it.

Thanks,
Joel