Luddites and Chinese characters

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Thu Nov 19 02:52:49 UTC 2009

At 11/18/2009 09:30 PM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>Curiously, the characters did come through fine
>on my own relatively antiquated Eudora 6.2--in
>Tony's original message, but not in yours.  Joel,
>can your version really be older than 6.2?  I
>thought I was the Ludditiest subscriber here, but
>I may have to relinquish the title.

They presumably don't come through properly in my message because
they had already been mangled on arrival at my email client.  My
version of Eudora is 7.1 something; perhaps it's too new!  (I've had
the same problem with messages from Randy -- unless he puts the
syllables into Latin script, I don't see anything understandable.)

Larry, have you installed some add-on to Eudora?

Joel