Dating in the Dark

Joel S. Berson Berson at ATT.NET
Tue Nov 24 17:44:59 UTC 2009

At 11/24/2009 10:49 AM, Laurence Horn wrote:
>At 2:18 AM -0500 11/24/09, Wilson Gray wrote:
>>When I was stationed in Berlin in the '60's, I used to hear white GI's say:
>>
>>"It's *all* pink on the inside."
>>
>>Times were such that this struck me as being evidence of a
>>refreshingly-liberal attitude toward race.
>>
>>-Wilson
>
>Here too, as with the "all cats are gray" adage below, I think the
>key concept is not "indecisive" as much as "indiscriminative".

The dark may be adiscriminative, but the daters (I disclaim
pejorativity) may be forced into indecisiveness.  How is a dater to
distinguish the person of the opposite gender (John Cleese had some
apropos line in "Fawlty Towers") who most appeals to
him/her?  (Speaking purely of appearance, of course.  Or do all cats
also sound alike in the dark?)

Joel