Foolish Democratic Quotations of 2009

Shapiro, Fred fred.shapiro at YALE.EDU
Sun Nov 29 02:27:01 UTC 2009

Thanks to everyone who answered my previous post asking for notable quotations of 2009.  As usual, the list I am compiling has more foolish quotations by Republicans than by Democrats.  Yes, I know, some will say this is terrible of me, but as long as people like Dan Quayle and George W. Bush and Sarah Palin are Republicans, Republicans will dominate foolish-quotations compilations.  However, I do strive as much as I can for balance, so I am pleading for suggestions of foolish quotations by Democrats.  I would welcome any suggestions of such quotes from 2009.

Fred Shapiro