Soft-core pornography (antedating to May 1964) – response to Gareth Branwyn

Gareth Branwyn garethbranwyn at COMCAST.NET
Sun Nov 29 23:49:57 UTC 2009

In the piece, he makes mention of the May 1964 usage you cite, a
monthly cartoon "Soft-Core Pornography of the Month," but says he
coined the term in '58. Since he doesn't give a specific print
citation, I assume that's because he didn't use it in the Realist
before '64, but I could be wrong. I don't have direct access to him,
but I'll see if I can get the editor who assigned the piece to ask him.

Gareth