yippie (January 1968) - response to Gareth Branwyn

Mon Nov 30 16:03:37 UTC 2009

Someone in the archives of ADS list on 21 Oct 2000 announced that the
term yippie had been found in the Realist issue dated August 1967
(really released January 1968 as indicated on the cover of the issue).

In my previous post I pointed to a webpage on Barry Popik's website
for this information. Yet, the email identity of the poster in the
archives is masked, so I am not certain if this is Barry Popik or
someone else.

http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?A2=ind0010C&L=ADS-L&P=R10297
Garson