stand up

James A. Landau <JJJRLandau@netscape.com> JJJRLandau at NETSCAPE.COM
Mon Oct 5 15:47:20 UTC 2009

I'm familiar with the military usage of "stand down"---to take a unit off the front line (or equivalent) and give it a rest---but "stand up" is a new one on me.

http://home.northgrum.com/news_stories_2009/in_100109a.html

DoD, Air Force Stand Up New Oversight Teams for KC-X Acquisition

Inside the Pentagon
October 1, 2009
By Carlo Muñoz

The Pentagon and Air Force have set up a new slate of independent review teams to oversee the air service’s embattled KC-X tanker acquisition effort, hoping to ensure a successful source selection by summer 2010, according to senior defense officials.

The Defense Department will field two review teams, one focusing on the overall competition and a second “independent technical review team” that will oversee specific elements of the acquisition program, <snip>

On the Air Force side, service officials plan to stand up a new “Source Selection Advisory Council,” as well as a number of “source-selection evaluation team leads” and “independent review teams” to review service efforts on the KC-X program, the defense official said. <parsnip>

OT:  the menu for one of our office's favorite take-outs states "All deliveries will be charged $1 for fuel for our driver".

     - James A. Landau