possible additional"Murphy's Law" uses during WWII

Stephen Goranson goranson at DUKE.EDU
Tue Oct 6 15:30:41 UTC 2009

_If_ the Google snippet information is correct--I have not seen the book but
have requested it by interlibrary loan--the following book contains "Murphy's
Law" on three pages.
An Eighth Air Force combat diary: a first-person, contemporaneous account of
combat missions flown with the 100th Bomb Group, England, 1944-1945
(Ann Arbor,
MI: Proctor Publications, 2001. John A Clark

page 70
[no view]

page 80
However, as luck would have it, today our ILS became inoperative (for reasons
unknown, or, by the silent intervention of Murphy's Law) after we left the ...

page 121
...dump. This freak accident is the sort of thing that confirms
"Murphy's Law":
_if it can happen, it will_. There were doubtless some fatalities from the
collision and a few parachutes...

Stephen Goranson
http://www.duke.edu/~goranson