Whole Nine Yards 1966; statement of Murphy's Law 1957 (UNCLASSIFIED)

Tue Oct 6 15:58:11 UTC 2009

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

If these relatively early citations have previously been reported on the
list, I can't find them.

Wings of the Tiger; a novel.
Author: Carl Krueger
Publisher: New York, F. Fell [1966] p. 279 [Vietnam fiction]

"I personally recommended you for these decorations.  I know you rate
them.  I don't do these things lightly.  You went the whole nine yards."

"The House That Stores the Sun," Richard F. Dempewolff, Popular
Mechanics, Oct 1957
P 278 col 2
" "You approach a project like this," says Pelletier, "with the
reseracher's maxim in mind:  'If anything can possibly go wrong -- it
will." "