more blends

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Wed Oct 7 14:40:16 UTC 2009

In the tradition of "vook", we also evidently
have the "vodcast", which I suppose is on some
level a second-order blend:

>>Call for Papers:
>>
>>CO2: The Second Online Consciousness Conference
>>
>>February 2010
>>
>>Please post and distribute widely; appologies for cross-posting
>>
>>I am pleased to announce the call for papers
>>for the second Consciousness Online conference.
>>We have a very exciting conference planned for
>>this year with some new features (e.g. podcasts
>>and vodcasts of presentations) and two great
>>invited sessions; details to follow at the
>>conference website (
>>http://consciousnessonline.wordpress.com).
>>
>>Special Session on Higher Order Consciousness
>>(from the NYU
>><http://philosophy.fas.nyu.edu/object/philo.newsevents.workshoppas>
>>workshop on perception, action and the self)

Then on a distantly related note, we have Bud
Light's "grooler", which is apparently an actual
product, contrary to what I inferred from the
übersilly commercials.  Cf.
http://gizmodo.com/5359818/bud-lights-grooler-is-actually-a-real-product.

LH