another "moment" for WOTY consideration (UNCLASSIFIED)

Dave Wilton dave at WILTON.NET
Thu Oct 15 21:29:32 UTC 2009

Also, "charlie foxtrot" for clusterfuck. That's from at least the late-80s,
probably much earlier.

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of
Bill Palmer
Sent: Thursday, October 15, 2009 12:39 PM
To: ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU
Subject: Re: another "moment" for WOTY consideration (UNCLASSIFIED)

One example from my time was "Foxtrot Uniform", suggesting that the
addressee perform an unnatural act on himself.

"Tango Sierra" was in common usage for "tough shit"

A few others would prob'ly come to me with some thought.

Naval aviators would use "Delta Sierra" (dog shit) for a poorly executed
maneuver, or just unsatisfactory performance in general  It's opposite was
"Sierra Hotel" .."shit hot"

Bill P