another "moment" for WOTY consideration (UNCLASSIFIED)

Fri Oct 16 17:21:28 UTC 2009

Classification: UNCLASSIFIED
Caveats: NONE

Richard Preston, _The Hot Zone_  NY: Anchor Books, 1995. p. 226
"He turned to someone and said, "WELL, THIS IS A BIG CHARLIE FOXTROT."
That's code for C.F., which means "cluster fuck." "

Rod Quinn "Beer-thirty time - Weekender webpage"
Newcastle Herald (Australia) - February 17, 2001 Section: Saturday
Magazine Page: 11 [col not given in Newsbank database]
"Charlie Foxtrot : A clean form of an expression that can't be printed
in a family magazine, the first word of which is 'cluster'."

http://www.americandialect.org