"Wendy" vs "Windy" redux

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 20 00:11:08 UTC 2009

The old song, "Windy," is currently featured in a TV commercial. And,
sho' 'nough, as Larry, among others, pointed out, if your head is in
the right space, the song *is* clearly about the weather - windy - and
not about a woman - Wendy - regardless of one's native dialect.
Nevertheless, I'm still impressed by those who got it right a
half-century ago.
And I'm still happy for the new-born-at-the-time baby girl whose
father mistakenly named her "Wendy" instead of "Windy."

-Wilson
–––
–Mark Twain