_Dubious_ > "infamous"

Wilson Gray hwgray at GMAIL.COM
Sat Oct 31 18:54:24 UTC 2009

Heard on a TV show re horror movies:

"This film is probably *most* _dubious_ for its exploding-head scene."

My WAG is that the speaker, caught up in the pleasure of hearing the
sound of his own voice and not wanting to break his own rap with a
hesitation, simply spoke the first word with any relevance whatsoever
that popped into his head. But, of course, one never knows. Maybe he
did think that "dubious" and "infamous" have essentially the same
meaning.

––
-Wilson
–––