Night of a Thousand Waterfalls

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Sep 1 15:21:17 UTC 2009

I've never heard of this, Scot.  My Google search suggests that it mostly
means a night of diarrhea from mild food poisoning.

FWIW, there is an unpleasant Royal Navy poem, set in China, that commences,
"In the Street of a Thousand Arseholes...."

JL
On Tue, Sep 1, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Scot LaFaive <slafaive at gmail.com> wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Scot LaFaive <slafaive at GMAIL.COM>
> Subject:      Night of a Thousand Waterfalls

> I decided to do a little research into the age of this expression
> (referring
> to the results of one preparing for a colonoscopy) but was surprised to
> find
> very few hits on Google with the earliest only being a couple years old.
>
> Scot

"There You Go Again...Using Reason on the Planet of the Duck-Billed
Platypus"