" to shod " !!

Steve Kl. stevekl at GMAIL.COM
Wed Sep 2 18:50:49 UTC 2009

Maybe it's because "boughten" is so thoroughly in my idolect*, but if you
were to ask me blindly to fill in the blank, I'd probably say "To shodden
runners..." for what it's worth.
*After it was called to my attention that boughten was a regionalism [I was
very surprised - I had no clue it was regional], once when I was home I
heard my mom, who used to bake her own bread in the 70s, in a discussion
about food preparation, utter "Anymore, I buy boughten bread."

(If you can make homemade bread, I don't see a problem with buying boughten
bread.) At any rate boughten stands as an opposite to homemade.)

But, back to shod/shodden.