The Uniqueness of Man

Salikoko S. Mufwene s-mufwene at UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Sep 18 16:31:32 UTC 2009

Another complement to Anderson's book is Michael Tomasello's /Origins of
Human Communication/ (MIT Press, 2008). I find the book overly
repetitive but it sheds interesting light on differences between animal
communication and human language(s).

Sali.

Salikoko S. Mufwene                    s-mufwene at uchicago.edu
The Frank J. McLoraine Distinguished Service Professor of Linguistics and the College
Professor, Committee on Evolutionary Biology
University of Chicago                  773-702-8531; FAX 773-834-0924
Department of Linguistics
1010 East 59th Street
Chicago, IL 60637, USA
http://humanities.uchicago.edu/faculty/mufwene