New word? Perhaps!?

David K. Barnhart dbarnhart at HIGHLANDS.COM
Mon Sep 21 11:21:55 UTC 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: American Dialect Society [mailto:ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU] On Behalf Of
Wilson Gray
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2009 1:08 AM
To: ADS
Subject: New word?

---------------------- Information from the mail header
-----------------------
Dear Wilson,

New?  Perhaps.  It's not in the dictionaries I have at hand.  There's only
one example in Nexis--Academic Universe at this posting.  I'll keep my eye
open for it.  _Touchify_ doesn't strike me as very linguistically sexy.
However, I can't think of anything better.  I doubt it would garner "Word of
the Year" laurels.

Regards,
David

Barnhart at highlands.com